- The membership cycle is based on the calendar year (January 1 to December 31.) If you join or renew mid-year, benefits begin with date of dues payment or approval to the end of the year.
- Membership rates are established in a 3-tier sliding scale directly tied to the yearly classification of the World Bank Economies of countries (i.e. High Income countries, middle income countries and Low income countries). Note that renewal or new member dues payment during the registration to the HUPO Annual World Congress will be charged at the High Income Rates for delegates and Students/PostDocs regardless of your country classification.
View your country's HUPO membership Rate classification
2013 HUPO Membership Fees ($US) High Income Countries Middle Income Countries Low Income Countries Delegate 100 75 50 Student/PostDoc 60 45 30
Renewing Members (Expired or Lapsed)
- If you have been a member in the past there is no approval process. Simply login to the website and follow the link in the 'Members Zone' to make your dues payment.
- Login now to renew your membership.
- Complete and submit a membership application and dues payment online. All new member applications are reviewed by the HUPO Membership Committee. Prospective member will receive notification of membership status within two weeks.
- Go to the online Membership Application
Benefits of HUPO Membership
- HUPO Members will be able to vote online in August/September 2012 for vacant seats on the Board of Directors. Must be active member to nominate or be nominated.
- Access to select Recorded lectures from HUPO congresses: 2008 - 2012 Plenary lectures
- Discount to HUPO 12th Annual World Congress, Yokohama, Japan (September 14-18, 2013). Abstract submission is now open at www.HUPO2013.com.
- Special HUPO-rates to Join ASBMB membership and subscribe to MCP journals www.hupo.org/overview/membership/MCPSpecial.asp
- Special HUPO-rates for proteomic journals (Proteomics and Clinical Proteomics www.hupo.org/overview/membership/WileySpecial.asp
- Priority for training/education programs and discounts on registration costs for selected training/education programs
- Access to fellowship and subsidies for graduate students and post-doctoral fellows for training/education programs
- Access to HUPO newsletters that highlight HUPO activities such as training and education, seminars, conferences, congresses, technical advances, and proteomic standards
- Access to HUPO sponsor-companies for technology development in proteomics
- Access to membership online directory
HUPO reserves the right to change its membership fee structure or benefits to its members without prior notice.