In addition to the Human Proteome Project (HPP) there are twelve HUPO-sponsored Scientific Initiatives:
- Plasma Proteome Project (PPP)
- Human Liver Proteome Project (HLPP)
- Human Brain Proteome Project (HBPP)
- Human Antibody Initiative (HAI)
- Proteomic Standards Initiative (PSI)
- Human Disease Glycomics/Proteome Initiative (HGPI)
- Kidney and Urine Initiative (HKUPP)
- Mouse Models of Human Disease (MMHD)
- HUPO Cardiovascular Initiative (HUPO CVI)
- Proteome Biology of Stem Cells Initiative
- Disease Biomarkers Initiatives (DBI)
- Initiative on Model Organism Proteomes (iMOP)
Each of these global initiatives is based in one country, but includes subprojects that involve international research laboratories. Funding for these projects has come from national granting agencies and industry.
In September 2010, the HUPO Initiatives committee approved a new
Initiative on Model Organism Proteomes - view application
Initiatives Committee 2010 report to HUPO Council
Makeup of the initiatives committee, click here List of chairs and co-chairs of initiatives (2011), click here The Criteria for New Initiatives - approved at the Munich Executive Council Meeting in August, 2005.
We encourage researchers to familiarize themselves with the Criteria and to submit proposals to HUPO (firstname.lastname@example.org) for evaluation by the Initiatives and Executive Committees.