Position Title: Proteomics Scientist
Company: BERG Health
Location: Framingham, MA, USA
BERG Health is seeking a highly motivated Proteomics Scientist who will work within the Omics group to develop and apply state-of-the-art proteomics technology to address compelling questions in biology, chemistry and clinical medicine. This role will join a team responsible for biomarker and target discovery/validation in multiple disease areas, including neurodegenerative diseases and cancer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Spearhead technical analysis of post-translational modifications (phosphorylation, acetylation, ubiquitation, sumoylation etc.). Contribute to the assessment of chemoproteomic analysis for MOA of specific compounds under investigation.
- Identify the mechanism of action of drugs and drug-like molecules; developing and optimizing novel, broadly enabling proteomic technologies including targeted, quantitative MS assay development for proteins and modifications.
- Collaborate closely with analytical biochemistry, molecular biology, and computational research staff to design, plan, and perform experiments, collect data, and conduct data analysis.
- Mentor research associates.
- Other duties as assigned
- Requires a Ph.D. degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or Analytical Sciences with relevant postdoctoral experience and 3-5 years' experience with nanoLC-MSMS analysis using HR/HA mass spectrometry instruments.
- A strong background in state-of-the-art proteomics, more specifically post-translational modification analysis; some experience in cell biology, signaling and/or systems biology.
- Familiarity with high-throughput quantitative methodologies such as TMT® and Label-free approaches.
- Ability to apply and/or develop affinity/activity-based proteomic probes to profile the functional state of enzyme targets in native biological systems and assess the selectivity of compounds.
- Ability to work with an interdisciplinary team of biologists, chemists, and computational scientists to deeply characterize and understand the proteomes of cells, biofluids, and tissues.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret and present data in a clear fashion.
- Solid scientific training/productivity as identified through high impact publications demonstrating creative thinking as well as innovative technical approaches.
- Experience with Thermo/Bruker instrumentation platforms is a plus.
Link to full description: https://www.berghealth.com/careers/
Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin account information (including handles and links): https://www.berghealth.com/
Contact information: Michael Kiebish (Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org) – hiring manager