The C-HPP PIC meeting at HUPO Connect 2020 was held on Monday, October 19, 17:15 – 18:10 EST time where the following topics were discussed and some important decisions were made:
- Report and progress of chromosome teams in next-MP50 and next-CP50 projects.
- Lydie Lane was elected unanimously as C-HPP Co- Chair for the next 3 years (2021.1 – 2023.12).
- Discussion about stimulating our joint chromosome teams activities as well as collaboration with teams in B/D-HPP. It was also confirmed that the vacancies of PIs (Chr 21, 22) were now being sought by the B/D-HPP EC from the appropriate B/D-HPP teams.
- A decision was made to extend by three years the neXt-CP-50 challenge due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the nature of protein characterization that takes longer times compared to MP search (new term: 2018-2024).
- It was also recommended that all chromosome teams update their results and any changes in team members on C-HPP Wiki and the C-HPP Portal.